Research and Markets – Global Automotive Biometric Vehicle Access System Market 2016 – 2020 with BioEnable, Techshino, Miaxis, Nymi & Sonavation Dominating
Ultrasound Fingerprint Imaging Through OLED/Glass Protective Cover Press Release:
Sonavation Announces Fingerprint Imaging Through
Smart Phone OLED Display
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL – February 22, 2016 — Sonavation, the pioneer in ultrasound biometric technology, today announces its breakthrough capability of ultrasound biometric fingerprint imaging through OLED (organic light-emitting diode) displays that are being designed for the next generation of smartphones, tablets, wearables and devices.
This visionary breakthrough is an industry first and critically important as OLED displays are quickly gaining widespread adoption. According to the OLED Association, shipments of smartphones with OLED are expected to grow to 461MM in 2019, which is almost double 2015 shipments. This is highlighted by Apple’s recent announcement of switching from LCD to OLED displays for their future smart devices.
This technology will allow smart device manufacturers to effectively increase the usable size of their displays by 10-20 percent by eliminating the need for a separate inactive area on the device to accommodate a fingerprint sensor. This is especially important as it is estimated that by 2020, all smart devices will utilize biometric technology, with fingerprint recognition being the primary method. Sonavation’s 3D biometric ultrasound technology will be the only fingerprint authentication solution capable of this level of complex imaging through the full stack display.
“Our team at Sonavation has engineered a module that wouldn’t have been thought possible and far exceeds the capabilities of anything incorporated into mobile devices today,” said Karl Weintz, CEO of Sonavation. “This moonshot project is sure to have a substantial bearing on the mobile device industry, as it is set to change and improve industrial design of smart devices by expanding the active screen display, while making them both physically and digitally more secure.”
This ground-breaking technological advancement extends Sonavation’s SonicTouch portfolio and provides manufacturers flexibility in design while delivering the highest level of biometric security and a more dynamic user experience.
Sonavation designs and manufactures the industry’s leading ultrasound biometric fingerprint sensors. Its 3D surface scan and sub-surface technology is protected by 42 awarded patents and an additional 47 patents filed. The Sonavation portfolio of solutions are designed to provide secure authentication for protected access to online systems including: e-Commerce, financial services, health data and other sensitive applications. Headquartered in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., Sonavation is committed to “Empowering Trust, Delivering Peace of Mind.” For more information, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter,LinkedIn or visit us at www.sonavation.com.
- Digital Trends – SonicTouch is the Next Generation of Biometrics
- The Next Web – SonicTouch will bring fingerprint scanning to any mobile or ‘Internet of Things’ device
- Tech Times – SonicTouch Fingerprint Scanning Technology To Be Available For Cell Phones And Internet Of Things Devices
- SiliconAngle – Next-gen fingerprint tech for mobile and IoT devices announced
- Biometric Update – Sonavation develops ultrasound biometric authentication solution
Touch Sensor Under Glass Coverage
- 9to5 Mac – Touch ID built into iPhone display one step closer as third-party company announces new tech
- Apple Insider – New tech bonds fingerprint sensors under Gorilla Glass, could allow button-free iPhones –
- Engadget – Your next phone could have a fingerprint reader on its screen
- PhoneArena – Sonavation announces the world’s first display-mounted fingerprint sensors
- Slash Gear – Sonavation unveils ultrasound fingerprint biometric touch sensor under glass
- MacWorld – iPhone 7 release date rumours, new features, patents | Apple ‘shaves off 1mm by removing iPhone 7’s headphone port’